Chipping Barnet Area Committee
Purpose of committee
The Chipping Barnet Area Committee meets four times per calendar year and represents the following wards:
The Chipping Barnet Area Committee has the following responsibilities:-
Discharging any functions, within the budget and policy framework agreed by Policy and Resources, of the theme committees that they agree are more properly delegated to a more local level. These include but are not limited to:
Town Centre Regeneration and Management
Sewers, drainage, public conveniences, water courses
Refuse collection, litter, cleansing, waste and recycling
Parks, open spaces, nature reserves, allotments, recreation and leisure facilities
Libraries and Culture
Cemeteries and Crematoria
Day to day environmental issues and management of land on Council Housing estates
Local highways and safety schemes
In addition to the above the Chipping Barnet Area Committee also:
Can consider matters raised at Residents Forums and determine how they are to be taken forward.
Administer any local budget delegated from Policy and Resources Committee for these Committees in accordance with the framework set by the Policy and Resources Committee.
Have powers to deal with small public works.
Residents can submit Public Questions and Comments on any item on the agenda within stipulated time limits. Please see a link to the Council Constitution for guidance on this - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/ecCatDisplay.aspx?sch=doc&cat=13581&path=0.
- Councillor Wendy Prentice (Chairman)
- Councillor Thomas Smith (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Alison Cornelius
- Councillor Roberto Weeden-Sanz
- Councillor Pauline Coakley Webb
- Councillor Paul Edwards
- Councillor Laurie Williams
- Councillor Stephen Sowerby MA (Substitute)
- Councillor David Longstaff (Substitute)
- Councillor Caroline Stock (Substitute)
- Councillor Lisa Rutter (Substitute)
- Councillor Barry Rawlings (Substitute)
- Councillor Tim Roberts (Substitute)
- Vacancy (Substitute)