Purpose of committee
The Environment Committee is responsible for commissioning the following:
(1) Responsibility for all borough-wide or cross-constituency matters relating to the Street scene including, parking, road safety, lighting, street cleaning, transport, waste, waterways, refuse, recycling, allotments, parks, trees, crematoria and mortuary, trading standards and environmental health.
(2) To submit to the Policy and Resources Committee proposals relating to the Committee’s budget for the following year in accordance with the budget timetable.
(3) To make recommendations to Policy and Resources Committee on issues relating to the budget for the Committee, including virements or underspends and overspends on the budget. No decisions which result in amendments to the agreed budget may be made by the Committee unless and until the amendment has been agreed by Policy and Resources Committee.
(4) To determine fees and charges for services which are the responsibility of the committee
- Councillor Dean Cohen BSc (Hons) (Chairman)
- Councillor Peter Zinkin (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor John Hart BA (Hons) MA
- Councillor Gabriel Rozenberg
- Councillor Alison Cornelius
- Councillor Dr Devra Kay
- Councillor Graham Old
- Councillor Alan Schneiderman
- Councillor Philip Cohen
- Councillor Agnes Slocombe
- Councillor Alon Or-bach
- Councillor Sury Khatri BSc (Hons) MSc (Lond) (Substitute)
- Councillor Lisa Rutter (Substitute)
- Councillor Stephen Sowerby MA (Substitute)
- Councillor Nagus Narenthira (Substitute)
- Councillor Tim Roberts (Substitute)
- Councillor Claire Farrier (Substitute)
Support officer: Paul Frost 020 8359 2205 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.