Purpose of committee
The Environment Committee is responsible for commissioning the following:
· Street Scene including pavements and all classes of roads; Parking provision and enforcement; Road Safety; Street Lighting; Transport and traffic management; Refuse and Recycling; Street Cleaning; Waste Minimisation; Waterways; Allotments; Parks and Open Spaces; Fleet Management; Allotments; Trees; Cemetery and crematorium and Mortuary; Trading Standards; Contaminated land and all statutory nuisances; and flood risk management.
This Committee also has responsibility around Council highways functions, and Gaming, entertainment, food and miscellaneous licensing when it is not otherwise the responsibility of other committees.
- Councillor Dean Cohen BSc (Hons) (Chairman)
- Councillor Peter Zinkin (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor John Hart BA (Hons) MA
- Councillor Gabriel Rozenberg
- Councillor Alison Cornelius
- Councillor Dr Devra Kay
- Councillor Graham Old
- Councillor Alan Schneiderman
- Councillor Philip Cohen
- Councillor Agnes Slocombe
- Councillor Alon Or-bach
- Councillor Sury Khatri BSc (Hons) MSc (Lond) (Substitute)
- Councillor Lisa Rutter (Substitute)
- Councillor Stephen Sowerby MA (Substitute)
- Councillor Nagus Narenthira (Substitute)
- Councillor Tim Roberts (Substitute)
- Councillor Claire Farrier (Substitute)
Support officer: Paul Frost 020 8359 2205 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.