More information about this co-optee
- Local Pension BoardIndependent Member
Stephen A. Ross MSc FCII DchA FRSA
Stephen Ross is an experienced qualified governance practitioner and independent board member.
A qualified charity accountant with a Masters degree in charity management, Chartered Insurance Broker and Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute, Stephen works with charitable foundations, schools, colleges, local government and professional bodies to promote their effective governance.
He wrote a book in 2017, 'The Professional Lay Member; An exploration of the role and practical guidance' for lay and independent board members and the organisations that use them as part of their governance.
He has an academic interest in various aspects of Responsible Investment and has researched, written and spoken on the subject at conferences in the UK and Europe.
His current roles include:
· External specialist on the Investment, Risk and Taxation examination panel of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- Independent trustee, the Education and Training Trust
- Clerk to the governors at schools and colleges
- Grants and Governance Officer, The Betty Messenger Charitable Foundation
- Lay member of the Professional Conduct Committee of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists