Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
This Committee is responsible for scrutinising and monitoring health issues which will impact upon the residents of the London Borough of Barnet. This includes functions, services and activities of the National Health Service (NHS) and NHS bodies and other health service providers within the borough and neighbouring areas.
The Committee makes recommendations and produces reports to the NHS and the Executive of any other relevant authority on health issues which may affect the borough and its residents. The Committee also has responsibility for receiving and considering reports and consultations from a number of organisations, such as the Barnet Clinical Commissioning Group, the NHS Commissioning Board, local authority commissioners and the Barnet Health and Wellbeing Board.
- Councillor Alison Cornelius (Chairman)
- Councillor Linda Freedman (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Golnar Bokaei
- Councillor Saira Don
- Councillor Lisa Rutter
- Councillor Alison Moore
- Councillor Anne Hutton
- Councillor Barry Rawlings
- Councillor Geof Cooke
- Councillor Lachhya Bahadur Gurung (Substitute)
- Councillor Felix Byers (Substitute)
- Councillor David Longstaff (Substitute)
- Councillor Zakia Zubairi (Substitute)
- Councillor Ammar Naqvi (Substitute)
- Councillor Paul Edwards (Substitute)
Support officer: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 020 8359 2315.