Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, London NW4 4BG

Contact: Email: jan.natynczyk@barnet.gov.uk 020 8359 5129 

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 49 KB

    Minutes:

    RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 13 February 2019, be agreed as a correct record.

2.

Absence of Members

    Minutes:

    Councillors Val Duschinsky and Barry Rawlings sent apologies.

3.

Disclosable Pecuniary interests and Non Pecuniary interests

    Minutes:

    Councillor Danny Rich declared an interest in agenda item 7 (Review of Options to Reduce Alcohol Related Harm from Licensed Premises), as he was a majistrate in South West London.

4.

Report of the Monitoring Officer (if any)

    Minutes:

    None.

5.

Public Question and Comment (if any)

    Minutes:

    None.

6.

Members Items (if any)

    Minutes:

    None.

7.

Review of options to reduce alcohol related harm from licensed premises pdf icon PDF 4 MB

    Minutes:

    The Committee were informed that this report identified the options available to the Licensing Authority to reduce alcohol related harm.

     

    This report identified evidence of the current picture in Burnt Oak and requested the Committee to consider whether there was evidence to support pursuing a Cumulative Impact Zone for this area.

     

    Officers responded to Members questions regarding the report and Officers agreed to email Members of the Committee to confirm which ward had the highest rate of alcohol related anti-social behaviour (as the report stated that Burnt Oak had the second highest rate). ACTION: EMMA PHASEY

     

    RESOLVED that

     

    1.    All the options identified for tackling issues around the impact of substance misuse and anti-social behaviour on the licensing objectives be noted;

    2.    After noting the initial evidence in the report, the Committee determined that there were grounds to pursue a cumulative impact zone when the review of the Licensing Policy is considered at this Committee in July 2019.

     

    ACTION: EMMA PHASEY

8.

Any item(s) that the Chairman decides is urgent

    Minutes:

    None.

9.

Vote of Thanks

    Minutes:

    The Vice-Chairman of the Committee expressed a vote of thanks to the Chairman for his conduct of the Committee during 2018/19.