Authorisation for the proposed Fees and Charges for 2024
Decision Maker: Leader of the Council, Cabinet Member for Resources & Effective Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. To authorise the proposed executive fees and charges for 2024/25 set out in Appendix A having considered the consultation responses and equality impact assessments.
A Business Planning Report was received by Cabinet on 18 July 2023 outlining the council’s updated Medium-Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) to 2029/30 and the future financial risks and challenges facing the council.
The Chief Finance Officer report was received by Cabinet on 5 September 2023, outlining the review of fees and charges. One of the recommendations was to delegate the approval of the executive side fees and charges to the Cabinet Member (Portfolio Holder) for Resources & Effective Council once they have been subject to consultation and EQIA, which was agreed at Cabinet.
The report also stated the council will review fees and charges on an annual basis, and subject to consultation and consideration of equality impact assessments, all revised fees and charges should be at full cost recovery, where consideration is given for those driven by inflation, or statute.
This report requests authorisation for the proposed executive fees and charges as set out in Appendix A, for implementation from 1 January 2024. Non-executive fees and charges were submitted to Council on 17th October 2023 and approved.
Publication date: 20/11/2023
Date of decision: 20/11/2023
- Cabinet Member Delegated Decision - Fees and Charges PDF 179 KB
- Appendix A - Executive and Non-Executive Fees and Charges 202425 PDF 2 MB
- Appendix B - EqIA Parking PDF 321 KB
- Appendix C - EqIA Greenspaces PDF 309 KB
- Appendix D - EqIA Leisure PDF 265 KB
- Appendix E - EqIA HCC PDF 321 KB
- Appendix F - Fees and Charges Consultation Report PDF 130 KB