Community Leadership Committee
Purpose of committee
The responsibilities of the Community Leadership Committee include:
· Grants to Voluntary Sector within the remit of the Committee
· Registration and Nationality Service
· Emergency Planning
· Civic events
The Committee will:
· Oversee arrangements for cross partner co-operation including any pooling of budgets (other than those within the remit of the Health and Well Being Board) e.g. Community Budgets.
· Maintain good community relations with Barnet’s diverse communities ensuring that all communities have the opportunity to participate fully in the Borough’s affairs.
· Contribute to achieving better outcomes in the Safer Communities Strategy through CCTV, fighting crime and anti-social behaviour, combating graffiti flytipping and other environmental crime, action against Domestic Violence and any other relevant Council activity.
· Work together with partners on the Barnet Safer Communities Partnership including Police, Fire and Criminal Justice Agencies to help make Barnet a safer place, including providing the scrutiny aspect of Community Safety.
- Councillor David Longstaff (Chairman)
- Councillor Graham Old (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Brian Gordon LLB
- Councillor Eva Greenspan
- Councillor Kath McGuirk
- Councillor Nagus Narenthira
- Councillor Charlie O-Macauley
- Councillor Reema Patel
- Councillor Agnes Slocombe
- Councillor Hugh Rayner
- Councillor Lisa Rutter
- Councillor Maureen Braun (Substitute)
- Councillor Adam Langleben (Substitute)
- Councillor Alison Moore (Substitute)
- Councillor Wendy Prentice (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Schneiderman (Substitute)
- Councillor Peter Zinkin (Substitute)
Support officer: Maria Lugangira 020 8359 2761 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.