Removal of double yellow lines - The Ridgeway NW7 (opposite Belmont Farm)
New yellow lines changes to The Ridgeway NW7 cause extreme
safety issues for children, families and school staff along the
These new lines have reduced pick up and drop off parking spaces by approx 12 cars causing congestion on the lead up to The Ridgeway from Hammers lane and also further along The Ridgeway.
There does not seem to be any economic reason for these yellow lines and has decreased safety of those driving and walking along The Ridgeway much more especially primary school children.
Since markings have gone down in September 2020, we have further
hazardous issues along the road;
- Cars mounting on to the curb where possible
- Increased parking on zig zag lines which is a very high risk for schools along this road
- reduced parking is now impacting operation of our school to schedule as teachers and visiting professionals are no longer able to park safely or close to school
- The safety stretch along the road has greatly reduced and this is very dangerous for our younger children (4-11 years)
- Visiting professionals to the school are now also struggling to find parking space (within days of these lines being laid) resulting in a delayed meeting with a vulnerable family due to the reduced parking
- Specifically during Covid-19, there has been an increase in secondary parents driving their children to school rather than using public transport. The reduced parking has increased this stress.
- Issue of social distancing is increasing as the entire road is far more congested than before
We urgently need to bring this to the attention of our councillors and Barnet council as this doesn't seem to be in line with Barnets Covid risk assessment where it clearly states Highways should be working more closely with the schools.
This ePetition runs from 07/10/2020 to 26/11/2020.
95 people have signed this ePetition.