Register of interests

Councillor Daniel Thomas BA (Hons)

I, Councillor Daniel Thomas BA (Hons), an Elected Member of the London Borough of Barnet set out below the interests which I am required to declare by law and under the Code of Conduct for Members:

1. Pecuniary Interests
1. Employment or business
2. Give a short description of the activity concerned. For example, “Computer Operator” or “Accountant” and the name and address of any employer or other relevant body concerned e.g. a partnership, company or public body.
For completion by the Member
Self: Self employed
Partner: Treasury assistant at British Land, York House, London
3. Any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain. Please give name of the employer or body and note that 'office' includes a position held as representative of the council on the management of an external organisation if an Allowance is paid which exceeds reasonable expenses.
To be completed by Member
Self: Property Development outside the Borough
Partner: Works at British Land


4. Any payment or provision of any other financial benefit in respect of any expenses incurred in carrying out duties or towards election expenses; this includes any payment or financial benefit from a trade union.
For completion by Member
Finchley and Golders Green Conservative Association


5. Any contract which is made between you, or your spouse or civil partner (or a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest) and the council under which goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed; and which has not been fully discharged.
For completion by Member


6. Any beneficial interest in land held by you or your husband, wife or partner which is within the area of the council.
For completion by Member
113 Kings Drive, Edgware, HA8 8EG (Home owned with partner)


7. Any licence (alone or jointly with others) to you or your husband, wife, partner to occupy land within the borough for a month or longer.
For completion by Member

Corporate tenancies

8. Any tenancy where the Council is the landlord and the tenant is a body in which you, or your spouse or partner has a beneficial interest.
For completion by Member


9. Any beneficial interest in which you or your husband, wife, or partner has in securities of a company/body where: (a) That company/body has a place of business or land in the area of the council, AND (b) Either: (i) the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that company or body Or: (ii) if the share capital of that company /body is more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which you or your husband, wife, partner has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that class.
For completion by Member

Personal wellbeing


10. a) Any decision in relation to the item at a meeting might reasonably be regarded as affecting the well-being or financial standing of you or a member of your family or a person with whom you have a close association to a greater extent than it would affect the majority of the Council Tax payers, ratepayers or inhabitants of the ward or electoral area for which you have been elected or otherwise of the authority’s administrative area. b) A close family member is a spouse, civil partner or any person living with the member as a spouse or civil partner, or a Member’s brother or sister, son or daughter or a parent.
For completion by Member
(a) (i) Finchley Charities
(a) (ii) London Councils (as per full council appointments)
(b) None
(c) Finchley Charities
(d) (i) Conservative Party
(d) (ii) Conservative Party Association
(e) None

I recognise that I will be in breach of the Council’s Code of Conduct for Members if I: (a) Omit information that ought to be given in this notice (b) Provide information that is materially false or misleading (c) Fail to give further notice within 28 days of any change to the information set out above in order to bring up to date the information given in this notice.

11. I wish to voluntarily declare that my spouse/partner and I hold the following directorships
My directorships My spouse/partner's directorships
None -
12. I wish to voluntarily declare that I have the following stock and shareholdings
My stock and shareholdings
13. I wish to voluntarily declare that I am a member of the following organisation(s) and that I hold the office(s) shown:-
Organisation Office held (if appropriate)
None -
14. My form has been signed and dated
Signed - Print name Date