Housing and Growth Committee
Purpose of committee
The Housing & Growth Committee has responsibility for:
· Housing matters including housing strategy, homelessness, social housing and housing grants, commissioning of environmental health functions for private sector housing.
· Regeneration strategy and oversee major regeneration schemes, asset management, employment strategy, business support and engagement.
To submit to the Policy and Resources Committee proposals relating to the Committee’s budget for the following year in accordance with the budget timetable.
To make recommendations to Policy and Resources Committee on issues relating to the budget for the Committee, including virements or underspends and overspends on the budget. No decisions which result in amendments to the agreed budget may be made by the Committee unless and until the amendment has been agreed by Policy and Resources Committee.
To receive reports on relevant performance information and risk on the services under the remit of the Committee.
To recommend for approval fees and charges for those areas under the remit of the Committee.
- Councillor Richard Cornelius (Chairman)
- Councillor Sarah Wardle (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Sara Conway
- Councillor Paul Edwards
- Councillor Ross Houston
- Councillor Kath McGuirk
- Councillor Alex Prager BA (Hons) ACA
- Councillor Thomas Smith
- Councillor Daniel Thomas BA (Hons)
- Councillor Peter Zinkin
- Councillor Anne Clarke (Substitute)
- Councillor Geof Cooke (Substitute)
- Councillor Nizza Fluss (Substitute)
- Councillor Rohit Grover (Substitute)
- Councillor Laithe Jajeh (Substitute)
- Councillor Alison Moore (Substitute)
- Abigail Lewis (Secretary)
Support officer: Email: email@example.com.