Pension Fund Committee
Purpose of committee
To consider approval and act in accordance with statutory Pension Fund documents:
· Statement of Investment Principles
· Funding Strategy Statement
· Governance Policy Statement
· Pension Administration Strategy
· Communication Policy Statement
To review the above documents at least triennially, or more frequently if advised by the Chief Finance Officer of the need to do so
To meet review and consider approval of the Pension Fund Statement of Accounts, income and expenditure and balance sheet or record of payments and receipts
To receive and consider approval of the Pension Fund Annual Report.
To appoint independent investment advisors.
To appoint Pension Fund investment managers.
To appoint Pension Fund actuaries.
To appoint a performance management company.
To appoint custodians.
To review and challenge at least quarterly the Pension Fund investment managers’performance against the Statement of Investment Principles in general and investment performance benchmarks and targets in particular. One of these meetings to be the annual review, at which the representative from the council’s performance management organisation attends to comment on the relative performance of the fund managers.
To consider actuarial valuations and their impact on the Pension Fund.
- Councillor Mark Shooter (Chairman)
- Councillor Elliot Simberg (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor John Marshall MA (Hons)
- Councillor Anthony Finn BSc (Econ) FCA
- Councillor Kathy Levine
- Councillor Anne Hutton
- Councillor Alison Moore
- Councillor Stephen Sowerby MA (Substitute)
- Councillor Eva Greenspan (Substitute)
- Councillor Peter Zinkin (Substitute)
- Councillor Ross Houston (Substitute)
- Councillor Reema Patel (Substitute)
- Councillor Arjun Mittra (Substitute)
- Alice Leach
- Hem Savla
Support officer: Paul Frost. Email: Paul.Frost@Barnet.gov.uk - 0208 359 2205
Phone: 020 8359 2205