Report of the Constitution Ethics and Probity Committee - Constitution Review
The Head of Governance noted that Members were asked to note that Article 2 – section 2.3F ‘Members Items for the Agenda’ should state that the deadline for Members Items is 10 days for applications to the Area Committee budget, not 19 days.
Councillor John Marshall, Chairman of the Constitution Ethics and Probity Committee, moved reception and adoption of the recommendations in the report, and moved that an amendment to Article 2 – section 2.3F be made to correct the error as noted. Debate ensued.
On the recommendations in the report being put to the vote the recommendations were unanimously agreed.
1. Council approve the recommendations contained in the report from the Constitution Ethics & Probity Committee at Annexe 1A, and the track change versions attached at Appendix A to Appendix O.
2. The Monitoring Officer and Chief Legal Advisor be authorised to implement these revisions and publish a revised Constitution.
- CEP Report to Council - Cover Report, item 12. PDF 239 KB
- Annex 1 - Constitution Review Report, item 12. PDF 184 KB
- Annex 1A - Constitution, Ethics and Probity Committee, 19 October 2017, Minutes, item 12. PDF 113 KB
- Appendix A - Introduction, item 12. PDF 53 KB
- Appendix B - Article 1, item 12. PDF 48 KB
- Appendix C - Article 2, item 12. PDF 66 KB
- Appendix D - Article 3, item 12. PDF 78 KB
- Appendix E - Article 4, item 12. PDF 52 KB
- Appendix F - Article 5, item 12. PDF 43 KB
- Appendix G - Article 6, item 12. PDF 35 KB
- Appendix H - Article 7, item 12. PDF 160 KB
- Appendix I - Article 8, item 12. PDF 43 KB
- Appendix J - Article 9, item 12. PDF 78 KB
- Appendix K - Article 10, item 12. PDF 144 KB
- Appendix L - Article 11, item 12. PDF 46 KB
- Appendix M - Article 12, item 12. PDF 53 KB
- Appendix N - Full Council Procedure Rules, item 12. PDF 94 KB
- Appendix O - Full Council Procedure Rules (Tracked), item 12. PDF 280 KB
- Council CEP Report - Addendum, item 12. PDF 48 KB