Quarter 2 Performance Monitoring 2016/17
- Meeting of Performance and Contract Management Committee, Tuesday 15th November, 2016 7.00 pm (Item 7.)
- View the declarations of interest for item 7.
The Chairman introduced the item and invited the Interim Strategic Lead for Programmes & Performance, Jamie Masraff to present the item.
Mr Masraff provided a verbal summary to the Committee about the progress for Quarter 2 against the Corporate Plan.
The Head of Customer Strategy and Programmes, Kari Manovitch updated the Committee about the positive direction of travel in terms of customer experience. She noted that the overall customer service ratings for this quarter are above targets and performing well.
Following a query from the Committee about improving usage of web forms, Ms Manovitch stated that figures shown are not fully reflective as this does not include all web forms used, only those that come under CSG responsibility.
Ms Manovitch spoke about the efforts undertaken to encourage use of web forms to increase online interaction. The shift in direction was also noted by virtue of data which showed an increase in usage of web forms and reduction of face to face/ phone calls.
The Assistant Director for Community and Wellbeing, James Mass provided an update to the Committee about the consultation due to be undertaken with the Director for Adult Social Services in Oxfordshire, John Jackson. Mr Jackson has been commissioned by Barnet to advise as to the review of the Adults budget, with a view to identifying solutions for long term sustainability. This will inform the Transformation Plan and the forthcoming performance monitoring report.
In relation to a comment from the Committee, Mr Mass noted that the Adults and Safeguarding Committee will receive a report on performance made in 2016-17 at its January meeting. It was agreed that this report be circulated to this Committee for information. (Action)
Deputy CEO for Barnet Homes, Derek Rust updated the Committee about the demand for homelessness services. Mr Rust noted that households in temporary accommodation have decreased. The Committee heard that the focus will continue to be aimed at:
· anticipating demand
· early intervention and prevention of homelessness and
· assisting families at an early stage.
The Committee noted the Corporate Risk Register and Risk Management Framework as set out in the appendices J and K. The Committee also noted that the Framework can be included in the Corporate Risk Register. It was noted that following a comprehensive review of the approach to risk management, a refreshed framework has been developed to set out the different risk management levels. Risk registers have also been updated as part of the review which are monitored on a quarterly basis.
The Chairman moved a motion, which was seconded and agreed, to amend the wording of recommendation 7:
The Committee approve the refreshed risk management framework, as detailed in Appendix K and note the Corporate Risk Register as detailed in Appendix J.
It was therefore RESOLVED that:
The Committee scrutinised the performance and risk of
services, especially in relation to delivering the Corporate Plan,
and (if necessary) make recommendations to other committees on the
policy and commissioning implications.
The Committee noted the agency costs for Quarter 2
2016/17, as detailed in paragraph 1.5.
The Committee noted the Quarter 2 2016/17 revenue
budget and forecast position, as detailed in paragraph
The Committee noted the additions and deletions (which
include virements) and approved the
accelerations and slippages in the capital programme, as detailed
in paragraph 1.9.
The Committee noted the savings delivered in Q2
2016/17, as detailed in paragraph 1.10.
The Committee noted the treasury position outlined in
7. The Committee approved the refreshed risk management framework, as detailed in Appendix K and noted the Corporate Risk Register as detailed in Appendix J.
- Q2 PCM report for PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 1 MB
- Appendix Ai - Contents List PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 240 KB
- Appendix Aii - Corporate Plan Performance Q2 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 645 KB
- Appendix B - Service Performance Q2 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 1 MB
- Appendix C - Revenue PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 171 KB
- Appendix Di - Capital Monitoring PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 152 KB
- Appendix Dii - Capital funding adjustments PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 120 KB
- Appendix E - Transformation Programme PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 76 KB
- Appendix F - Prudential Indicator Compliance to 30 September 2016 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 181 KB
- Appendix G - Investments outstanding as at 30 September 2016 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 97 KB
- Appendix Hi - Payments to Capita note PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 281 KB
- Appendix Hii - CSG benefit revised realisation 30 09 16 Q2 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 203 KB
- Appendix Hiii - CSG Contract Payments Q2 16 17 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 15 KB
- Appendix I - Contract variations Q2 2016-17 only PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 205 KB
- Appendix J - Corporate Risk Register Q2 PCM FINAL, item 7. PDF 284 KB
- Appendix K - Risk Management Framework V2 PCM FINAL 261016, item 7. PDF 640 KB