Report from Assets, Regeneration and Growth Committee - Grahame Park Regeneration, Compulsory Purchase Order, Ground 10a and Related Consents
Councillor Daniel Thomas introduced the report and moved reception and adoption. Councillor Nagus Narenthira moved the following amendment:
“That the Council delay the decision until there is more detail to see the facts before voting.”
Upon the amendment in the name of Councillor Nagus Narenthira being put to the vote the amendments were declared lost:
Votes were declared as follows:
The Mayor used his casting vote and voted against the amendment.
Upon being put to the vote the recommendations in the report were declared carried. Votes were declared as follows:
The Mayor used his casting vote and voted in favour of the recommendations.
1. Council resolve in principle the exercise of compulsory purchase powers (by the making of up to three separate compulsory purchase orders) to secure the delivery of Stage B of the Grahame Park Regeneration Scheme;
2. Council note that further report(s) will be brought to the Committee at later stages to seek authority to secure the making, confirmation and implementation of up to three separate Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPOs) for the acquisition of third party proprietary interests within Stage B;
3. Council authorise the appropriate Chief Officer to negotiate and complete a Compulsory Purchase Order Indemnity Agreement to ensure that Choices for Grahame Park (CfGP) and Genesis Housing Association (GHA) indemnify the Council for the full financial costs incurred in preparing, making and implementing the CPO(s).
4. Council authorise the commencement of all preparatory work required for the making of the CPO(s), including (but not limited to):
a) appointing land referencers to review all relevant proprietary interests with a view to producing a draft schedule and plan for the CPO(s);
b) the service of requests for information notices under section 16 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 on those who may be affected by the proposed CPO(s);
5. Council authorise the appropriate Chief Officer(s) to:
a) advertise the Council’s intention to appropriate to a planning purpose any open space lands required to deliver Stage B of the Scheme pursuant to Section 122 of the Local Government Act 1972. In the event that representations are submitted in respect of the notice to appropriate open space these will be referred to the Assets, Regeneration and Growth Committee for consideration and determination; and
b) appropriate to planning purposes the housing and highways land required to deliver Stage B prior to disposal of such lands;
6. Council authorise the appropriate Chief Officer(s) to submit an application to the Secretary of State for his consent to the disposal and redevelopment of land within Stage B of the Grahame Park Regeneration Scheme (for the purposes of Ground 10A) pursuant to Part V of Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1985;
7. Council delegate the service of Initial and Final Demolition Notices to suspend and/or terminate the exercise of the Right to Buy on properties due for demolition (as required for the delivery of the regeneration project), within Stage B, pursuant to sections 138A and 138B and Schedules 5 and 5A of the Housing Act 1985 (as amended) to the appropriate Chief Officer(s);
8. Council authorise the appropriate Chief Officer to obtain all relevant consents necessary to secure the delivery of the regeneration of Stage B.
- Assets, Regeneration and Growth - Referral to Council - 15.12.14, item 11.7 PDF 319 KB
- Appendix 1 - Grahame Park Regeneration CPO, item 11.7 PDF 2 MB