Pavilion Study Centre - Authorisation to enter into NEC contract with John Graham Construction Limited (JGCL)
Decision Maker: Executive Director of Children and Young People
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The London Borough of Barnet (the Council) has started a project at the Pavilion Study Centre (PRU) to provide new fit for purpose accommodation which will enable the Council’s Alternative Provision to be broadened to meet emerging needs in the borough. The project is being delivered and funded through the Education Funding Agency’s (EFA) Priority School Building Programme under the Direct Delivery (with EFA Funding) model.
Previous decisions gave approval to enter into a Professional Services Contract (PSC) with John Graham Construction Ltd (JGCL), and then to vary that contract so that it included design and costing works to the end of Stage 4 plus some Stage 5 enabling orders.
JGCL have now confirmed a Contract Sum of £17,668,178.81 to deliver the re-provision of the PRU, including PSC costs. This report seeks approval for the Council to enter into a NEC contract with JGCL for re-provision of the PRU to allow for the construction works and to completion.
The report also seeks approval to enter into the related funding agreement with the DFE for £8,698,292.07.
1. To approve award of the NEC Contract to John Graham Construction Ltd (JGCL) for re-provision of the Pavilion Study Centre PRU, for a price of £17,668,178.81.
2. To approve further payments to JGCL up to the specified value, as shown in the accompanying exempt report, for changes to the contract if required and containable within the overall budget.
3. To provide authority to officers to implement the required NEC contract requirements and deliver monitoring arrangements.
4. Approval for the Council to enter into the related funding agreement with the DFE for £8,698,292.07.
5. To provide authority to officers, in line with the scheme of delegation and in consultation the Executive Director of Children’s Services, to approve and instruct changes in accordance with the NEC contract.
6. To Note progress to date and current project status.
Publication date: 15/07/2021
Date of decision: 04/11/2020