Referral from the Constitution & General Purposes Committee - Constitution Review
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Councillor Melvin Cohen, Chairman of the Constitution and General Purposes Committee, moved reception and adoption of the recommendations in the report. Debate ensued.
On the recommendations in the report being put to the vote, the recommendations were unanimously agreed.
RESOLVED that Council:
1. That Council noted the report of the Constitution & General Purposes Committee held on 7 October 2019 (Annex 1) and the agreed and rejected amendments as detailed in Section 1.2 of the report of officers.
2. That Council approved the Constitution amendments as set out in Appendices A to C.
3. That Council authorised the Monitoring Officer and Chief Legal Advisor to implement these revisions and publish a revised Constitution.
Publication date: 26/11/2019
Date of decision: 29/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 29/10/2019 - Council
- Referral from the Constitution & General Purposes Committee - Constitution Review Report PDF 173 KB
- 01. Annex 1 - Constitution Review PDF 229 KB
- 02 Appendix A - Article 2 - Members of the Council (Tracked) PDF 231 KB
- 03. Appendix B - Article 3 - Residents and Public Participation (Tracked) PDF 250 KB
- 05. Appendix C - Full Council Procedure Rules (Tracked) PDF 434 KB