Business Planning - 2014/15 - 2015/16
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report sets out the Corporate Plan objectives, Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) and budget headlines for the period 2014/15 – 2015/16
Cabinet received a public comment from Mr Julian Silverman, and heard a representation from Councillor Alison Moore. Questions were asked following each of the representations and verbal answers were given in the meeting.
An Addendum to Business Planning 2014/15 - 2015/16 report was tabled, noting amendments to the report.
For the reasons set out in the Cabinet Member’s report, Cabinet:
1. To note the 1% council tax reduction in 2014/15 and a council tax freeze in 2015/16 as a proposal for consultation;
2. To note the updated Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) as set out in Appendix A;
3. To approve the budget proposals set out in Appendix B as amended as “budget headlines” for consultation, covering the period from 2014/15 to 2015/16;
4. To allocate £4m to the Cabinet Member for Environment to be spent on roads and pavements as set out in paragraph 9.4.6, with spending plans to be finalised in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Performance and Resources;
5. To request that Cabinet come forward with proposals against the £1m set out in 9.4.6, with specific proposals to be agreed as part of the quarterly monitoring report to Cabinet Resources Committee;
6. To approve the savings re-profiling recommended in 9.4.8 subject to consultation;
7. To note the impact on performance, staff and equalities as set out in sections 5, 6 and 7 of the report; and
8. To note the process for development of the capital programme.
Publication date: 07/11/2013
Date of decision: 04/11/2013
Decided at meeting: 04/11/2013 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/11/2013