Hendon Area Committee
Purpose of committee
The Area Committee meetings start at 7.00pm.
The Hendon Area Committee meets four times per calendar year and represents the following wards:
Hendon Area Committee has the following responsibilities:-
Discharging any functions, within the budget and policy framework agreed by Policy and Resources, of the theme committees that they agree are more properly delegated to a more local level. These include but are not limited to:
o Town Centre Regeneration and Management
o Sewers, drainage, public conveniences, water courses
o Refuse collection, litter, cleansing, waste and recycling
o Parks, open spaces, nature reserves, allotments, recreation and leisure facilities
o Libraries and Culture
o Cemeteries and Crematoria
o Day to day environmental issues and management of land on Council Housing estates
o Local highways and safety schemes
In addition to the above, Hendon Area Committee also:
• Consider the following matters raised at Residents Forums and determine how they are to be taken forward, including whether to request a report for a future meeting, refer to an Officer and/or ward councillors.
• Administer any local budget delegated from Policy and Resources Committee for these committees in accordance with the framework set by the Policy and Resources Committee.
• Have powers to deal with small public works.
• Consider petitions which receive between 25 and 1,999 signatures. The link to the petitions site can be found in this link - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/mgEPetitionListDisplay.aspx?bcr=1.
Area Committees can grant applications which can be sponsored by any Ward Councillor for Area Committee funding of up to £9,999. The annual budget for grant applications is £100,000 per Area Committee (Finchley and Golders Green and Chipping Barnet are the other two Area Committees. Application forms and guidance are available from your ward councillor. Details of all ward Councillors are in this link - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/mgMemberIndex.aspx?bcr=1.
Residents can submit Public Questions and Comments on any item on the agenda within stipulated time limits. Please see a link to the Council Constitution for guidance on this - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/ecCatDisplay.aspx?sch=doc&cat=13581&path=0.
- Councillor Brian Gordon LLB (Chairman)
- Councillor Val Duschinsky (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Maureen Braun
- Councillor Tom Davey
- Councillor Nagus Narenthira
- Councillor Charlie O-Macauley
- Councillor Adam Langleben
- Councillor Dr Devra Kay (Substitute)
- Councillor Sury Khatri BSc (Hons) MSc (Lond) (Substitute)
- Councillor Ammar Naqvi (Substitute)
- Councillor Hugh Rayner (Substitute)
- Councillor Joan Scannell BEM (Substitute)
- Councillor Mark Shooter (Substitute)
- Councillor Zakia Zubairi (Substitute)
- Sheri Odoffin (Secretary)
Support officer: Kirstin Lambert Email: email@example.com 020 8359 2177.