Hendon Area Committee
Purpose of committee
The Area Committee meetings start at 7.00pm.
The Hendon Area Committee meets four times per calendar year and represents the following wards:
Hendon Area Committee has the following responsibilities:-
Discharging any functions, within the budget and policy framework agreed by Policy and Resources, of the theme committees that they agree are more properly delegated to a more local level. These include but are not limited to:
o Town Centre Regeneration and Management
o Sewers, drainage, public conveniences, water courses
o Refuse collection, litter, cleansing, waste and recycling
o Parks, open spaces, nature reserves, allotments, recreation and leisure facilities
o Libraries and Culture
o Cemeteries and Crematoria
o Day to day environmental issues and management of land on Council Housing estates
o Local highways and safety schemes
In addition to the above, Hendon Area Committee also:
• Consider the following matters raised at Residents Forums and determine how they are to be taken forward, including whether to request a report for a future meeting, refer to an Officer and/or ward councillors.
• Administer any local budget delegated from Policy and Resources Committee for these committees in accordance with the framework set by the Policy and Resources Committee.
• Have powers to deal with small public works.
• Consider petitions which receive between 25 and 1,999 signatures. The link to the petitions site can be found in this link - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/mgEPetitionListDisplay.aspx?bcr=1.
Residents can submit Public Questions and Comments on any item on the agenda within stipulated time limits. Please see a link to the Council Constitution for guidance on this - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/ecCatDisplay.aspx?sch=doc&cat=13581&path=0.
- Councillor Brian Gordon LLB (Chairman)
- Councillor Val Duschinsky (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Maureen Braun
- Councillor Tom Davey
- Councillor Nagus Narenthira
- Councillor Charlie O-Macauley
- Councillor Adam Langleben
- Councillor Dr Devra Kay (Substitute)
- Councillor Sury Khatri BSc (Hons) MSc (Lond) (Substitute)
- Councillor Ammar Naqvi (Substitute)
- Councillor Hugh Rayner (Substitute)
- Councillor Joan Scannell BEM (Substitute)
- Councillor Mark Shooter (Substitute)
- Councillor Zakia Zubairi (Substitute)
- Sheri Odoffin (Secretary)
Support officer: Kirstin Lambert Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8359 2177.