Finchley & Golders Green Area Committee
Purpose of committee
The Finchley and Golders Green Area Committee meets four times per calendar year and represents the following wards:
Finchley Church End
Finchley and Golders Green Area Committee has the following responsibilities:-
Discharging any functions, within the budget and policy framework agreed by Policy and Resources, of the theme committees that they agree are more properly delegated to a more local level. These include but are not limited to:
Town Centre Regeneration and Management
Sewers, drainage, public conveniences, water courses
Refuse collection, litter, cleansing, waste and recycling
Parks, open spaces, nature reserves, allotments, recreation and leisure facilities
Libraries and Culture
Cemeteries and Crematoria
Day to day environmental issues and management of land on Council Housing estates
Local highways and safety schemes
In addition to the above, Finchley and Golders Green Area Committee also:
· Consider the following matters raised at Residents Forums and determine how they are to be taken forward, including whether to request a report for a future meeting, refer to an Officer and/or ward councillors.
· Administer any local budget delegated from Policy and Resources Committee for these committees in accordance with the framework set by the Policy and Resources Committee.
· Have powers to deal with small public works.
· Consider petitions which receive between 25 and 1,999 signatures. The link to the petitions site can be found in this link - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/mgEPetitionListDisplay.aspx?bcr=1
Residents can submit Public Questions and Comments on any item on the agenda within stipulated time limits. Please see a link to the Council Constitution for guidance on this - http://barnet.moderngov.co.uk/ecCatDisplay.aspx?sch=doc&cat=13581&path=0.
- Councillor Jennifer Grocock (Chairman)
- Councillor Rohit Grover (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Dean Cohen BSc (Hons)
- Councillor Ross Houston
- Councillor Anne Hutton
- Councillor Arjun Mittra
- Councillor Shimon Ryde BSc (Hons)
- Councillor Melvin Cohen LLB (Substitute)
- Councillor Geof Cooke (Substitute)
- Councillor Eva Greenspan (Substitute)
- Councillor Kath McGuirk (Substitute)
- Councillor Alison Moore (Substitute)
- Councillor John Marshall MA (Hons) (Substitute)
- Councillor Peter Zinkin (Substitute)
Support officer: Faith Mwende 020 8359 4917 Email: email@example.com.