Policy and Resources Committee
Purpose of committee
The Policy and Resources Committee is the principal way that strategic policy and plans are discussed and recommend to Full Council on major issues.
The remit of this Committee includes:
1. To be responsible for:
· Strategic policy and finance including recommending capital and revenue budget, Medium-Term Financial Strategy and Corporate Plan to Full Council;
· Finance including: treasury management; local taxation; insurance; corporate procurement; grants; writing off debt; virements; and effective use of resources
· Local Plans (except for matters reserved to Full Council);
· Information Technology;
· Equalities, Diversity and Community Cohesion;
· Strategic Partnerships;
· Customer Services and Resident Engagement;
· Transformation Programmes
2. To be responsible for those matters not specifically allocated to any other committee affecting the affairs of the Council.
3. Consider for approval budget and business plan of the Barnet Group Ltd.
4. To determine fees and charges for services which are the responsibility of the committee.
If any report appears to come within the remit of more than one committee, to avoid the report being discussed at several committees, the report will be presented and determined at the most appropriate committee. If this is not clear, then the report will be discussed and determined by the Policy and Resources Committee.
- Councillor Richard Cornelius (Chairman)
- Councillor Daniel Thomas BA (Hons) (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Dean Cohen BSc (Hons)
- Councillor Tom Davey
- Councillor Paul Edwards
- Councillor Anthony Finn BSc (Econ) FCA
- Councillor Ross Houston
- Councillor Alison Moore
- Councillor Alon Or-bach
- Councillor Sachin Rajput
- Councillor Barry Rawlings
- Councillor Melvin Cohen LLB (Substitute)
- Councillor Geof Cooke (Substitute)
- Councillor Arjun Mittra (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Schneiderman (Substitute)
- Councillor Mark Shooter (Substitute)
- Councillor Reuben Thompstone (Substitute)
- Councillor David Longstaff
Support officer: Kirstin Lambert; 02083592177 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: 020 8359 2177