Agenda and minutes

Venue: Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, London NW4 4BQ. View directions

Contact: Email: sheri.odoffin@barnet.gov.uk 020 8359 3104 

Items
No. Item

1.

Minutes of the Previous Meeting pdf icon PDF 97 KB

2.

Absence of Members (if any)

3.

Declarations of Members Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and Non-Pecuniary Interests (if any)

4.

Report of the Monitoring Officer (if any)

5.

Public Questions and Comments (if any)

6.

Matters referred from the Hendon Area Residents Forum (If any)

7.

Members' Items - Brookside Walk, Brent Park - Play Equipment pdf icon PDF 241 KB

    Minutes:

    The Committee considered a Members’ Item submitted by Councillor Maureen Braun to consider a request for funding for play equipment in Brookside Walk Play Area, Hendon.  A correction was made to the name of the street which should have read as “Brookside Walk” instead of “Broadside Walk”.

     

    Councillor Braun informed the Committee of a proposal in her ward brought to her by local residents to increase the range of play equipment in a local park and requested permission from the Chairman to invite Mrs Heller, the a local resident involved in the proposal,  to provide more details.

     

    The Chairman agreed to allow Mrs Allen to address the Committee.  Mrs Allen explained that local residents have been working with the Council’s Greenspaces Team as part of a project to improve open spaces.  Local residents had successfully undertaken their own fund of £1,500, but it was not enough to cover the full cost of the equipment. As a result the project had stalled.

     

    Following the discussion on the item, Hendon Area Committee:

     

    RESOLVED that:

     

          i.                The Commissioning Director for Environment was instructed to present a report to a future Committee  meeting to outline the required budget for and provide a breakdown of all costs for equipment up to the value of up to £6,500.

     

     

8.

Progress update on Hendon Area Committee Actions pdf icon PDF 86 KB

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    Abercorn Road VAS and Traffic Scheme Feasibility Study Address issue of Road Safety on Abercorn Road NW7 (HAC009/2015) 

     

    The Chairman introduced the above proposal. Following discussion, Committee

     

    RESOLVED that:

     

          i.                That the Committee notes the update in Appendix 1 of this

    report.  

     

        ii.                That the Committee agrees the expenditure of £17,000 to install

    VAS and undertake a feasibility study and report the outcome of

    the study to the March 2016 Area Committee meeting.

     

     

    Pursley Road/Bunns Lane Double Mini-Roundabout Junction Improvements to the operation of the double mini-roundabout including pedestrian improvements (HAC0010/2015).

     

    The Chairman introduced the above proposal and asked for errors in the report to be corrected as follows:-

     

    Under the officer response and background section, include the omitted paragraph:

     “The Committee received a verbal representation from Cllr Sury Khatri about the danger passed by fast-moving traffic and near hit accidents reported by residents”.

     

    Strikethrough: “VAS to be installed in Abercon Road.”

     

    Recommendation ii should have read as:

    “That the Committee agrees the expenditure of £7,000 to undertake a feasibility study and report the outcome of the study to the March Area Committee”

    . Strikethrough:That the Committee agrees the expenditure of £17,000 to install VAS and undertake a feasibility study and report the outcome of the study to the March Area Committee”

     

     

    Following discussion, Committee

     

    RESOLVED that:

     

     

        i.                the Committee noted the update in Appendix 1 of this

    report.

     

       ii.                the Committee agreed the expenditure of £7,000 to undertake a feasibility study and report the outcome of the study to the March 2016 Area Committee meeting.

     

    Pursley Road/Devonshire Road Traffic Scheme Feasibility Study - Improvements to reduce the speed of traffic on Pursley Road and Devonshire Road and improve safety for cyclists (excluding the section that has already been identified and agreed for a Traffic Management Scheme).

     

    The Chairman introduced the above proposal HAC011/2015 and asked for errors in the report to be corrected as follows:

     

    Strikethrough  - Pursley Road/Bunns Lane - Double Mini-Roundabout Junction

    Improvements to the operation of the double mini-roundabout including pedestrian improvements  and replace with:

     

    Pursley Road/Devonshire Road Traffic Scheme Feasibility Study - Improvements to reduce the speed of traffic on Pursley Road and Devonshire Road and improve safety for cyclists (excluding the section that has already been identified and agreed for a Traffic Management Scheme).

     

    Strikethrough: Issues referred from the Residents forum regarding improvements to the

    operation of the double mini-roundabout including pedestrian and cyclist

     Improvements.and replace with

     

     “Feasibility Study to be undertaken.

     

    Strikethrough: ii. That the Committee agrees the expenditure of £17,000 to Install VAS and undertake a feasibility study and report the outcome of the study to the March 2016 Area Committee meeting” and replace with

     

    “ii. That the Committee agrees the expenditure of £16,000 to undertake a feasibility study and report the outcome of the study to the March 2016 Area Committee meeting.”

     

    RESOLVED :

     

        i.                That the Committee noted the update  ...  view the full minutes text for item 8.

9.

Hendon consultation on Mowbray Road, HA8 pdf icon PDF 250 KB

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    Upon invitation from the Chairman, Mr Lassiman informed Committee that he had been unable to park outside his house for a month and requested that the CPZ is extending it.

     

    Having considered the item the Committee:

     

    RESOLVED:

     

    i)     That the Committee noted the details contained within the report and approve the following at an estimated cost of £5,000 for items 2 and 4 and £9,000 for item 3.

     

    ii)    That having noted the details and results of the informal consultation exercise, that Officers should progress to a statutory consultation on a proposed extension of the Edgware ‘J’ Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) into the uncontrolled section of Mowbray Road (south of the A41), the layout of which is set out in Drawing Number - SCMOWBRAY01 (Appendix A) to this

    report.

     

    iii)   That the Committee agreed that any unresolved material objections to the statutory consultation referred to in 2 above, are reported back to a future meeting of this Committee for consideration, and for a decision on how to proceed.

     

     

10.

Hendon Shirehall Lane, NW4 – Review of parking pdf icon PDF 257 KB

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    10.           

    Hendon Shirehall Lane, NW4 – Review of parking

     

    Following the Chairman’s introduction and having  considered the item the Committee:

     

    RESOLVED

     

    i)     That the Hendon Area Committee noted the review of parking in Shirehall Lane, NW4;

     

    ii)    That the Hendon Area Committee approved the proposal to introduce ‘at any time’ waiting restrictions in Shirehall Lane NW4 as outlined in drawing number 21729_918 and that Officers should progress to a statutory consultation on the proposed changes.

     

    iii)   That, subject to no objections being received to the statutory consultation referred to in 2 above, that Officers introduce the changes through the making of the relevant Traffic Management Orders;

     

    iv)  That any unresolved material objections to the statutory consultation referred to in 2 above, are reported back to a future meeting of this Committee for consideration, and for a decision on how to proceed.

     

11.

Petitions pdf icon PDF 290 KB

    Additional documents:

    Minutes:

    11.           

    Petitions

     

    Petition – “No Control Parking Zone (CPZ) Extension in Our Street”

     

    The Committee received representations from the lead petitioner Mr Tucker who was invited by the Chairman to make his representation. Committee were informed that there were an overwhelmingly number of objections to the extension of Edgware CPZ for which 238 signatures had been received. 

     

    Following discussion and having considered the petition, the Committee:

    RESOLVED that:

     

    i)             The Hendon Area Committee notedthe outcome of the public consultation on the CPZ proposal;

     

    ii)            The Hendon Area Committee agreednot to implement the CPZ in this area in response to the outcome of the public consultation which was overwhelming not in favour.

     

     

    Petition – Surface recoating on Hillersdon Avenue

     

    The Committee received representations from the lead petitioner Mr Tucker who was invited by the Chairman to make his representation. The petition outlined objections to the road resurfacing material used in Hillersdon Avenue for which 42 signatures had been received.

     

    Having considered the item, the Committee:

     

    RESOLVED that:

     

    i)             The Hendon Area Committee noted the Petition.

     

    ii)            The Hendon Area Committee requested that the road surfacing policy be considered by the Commissioning Director and its impact to residents in Hillersdon Avenue.  

     

    iii)           That the Hendon Area Committee requested that the Governance Officer informs all Ward Members of this petition. 

     

     

    Petition – “Barnet Council Area Committee review on Parking development in Colindale Pulse NW9”

     

    The Committee received representations from the lead petitioner Mr Sky who was invited by the Chairman to make his representation. The petition contained 222 signatures from residents expressing their concerns regarding the lack of parking available to residents within the location.

     

    Having considered the item the Committee

     

    RESOLVED that:

     

    i)             The petition be noted.

     

    ii)            The petition is referred to the relevant Officer in the Planning Service in order to consider the views expressed in the petition

     

     

12.

Forward Work Programme pdf icon PDF 68 KB

13.

Any Other Items that the Chairman Decides are Urgent