Agenda and minutes
Venue: Brent Council
Contact: Abigail Lewis 02083594369 Email: Abigail.Lewis@barnet.gov.uk
MINUTES OF THE Welsh Harp Joint Consultative Committee
Tuesday 13 March 2018 at 7.00 pm
1. Chair's opening remarks
The Chair welcomed everyone to the last meeting of the municipal year.
2. Apologies for absence and clarification of alternate members
Apologies for absence were received from:
· Roy Beddard (Welsh Harp Conservation Group)
· Derrick Chung (West Hendon Residents’ Association)
· Councillor Crane (Brent Council)
· Matthew Gunyon (Partnerships and Development Manager - Barnet Council)
· Rebecca Hart (Natural England)
· Julie Johnson (Local Agenda 21)
· Councillor Khatri (Barnet Council)
· Councillor Mashari (Brent Council)
· Nathan Smith (Barratt)
Councillor Dixon was present as substitute for Councillor Mashari.
3. Declarations of interests
Councillor Langleben declared a personal interest as Trustee of the West Hendon Estate Community Fund.
For purposes of transparency, Councillor Langleben advised that his spouse was employed by Brent Council.
4. Deputations (if any)
There were no deputations.
5. Minutes of the previous meeting
RESOLVED: that the minutes of the previous meeting be approved as an accurate record subject to the following amendments:
· Daniella Levene (Friends of the Welsh Harp) be included in the list of those present.
· That it be recorded that an update on Cool Oak Bridge was sought.
6. Matters arising (if any)
The Chair noted the information provided by Eric Holroyd of Barratt in response to actions agreed at the last meeting, which had been circulated prior to the meeting.
A member of the committee sought assurance that the bird and bat boxes installed as part of the West Hendon Regeneration were appropriately cleaned and maintained. It was agreed that this query would be submitted to Nathan Smith (Barratt).
RESOLVED: that Nathan Smith of Barratt be asked to respond to the committee’s query regarding the maintenance and cleaning of the bird and bat boxes installed as part of the West Hendon Regeneration.
7. Management Plan (Barnet)
The Chair advised that Matthew Gunyon (Partnerships and Development Manager, Greenspaces, Barnet Council) was currently on paternity leave and drew the committee’s attention to the written report provided. The Chair confirmed that in the absence of Matthew Gunyon, any actions for the Greenspaces team of Barnet Council would ... view the full minutes text for item 1.